To contact the board:
1050 Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Term expires August 31, 2027
Term expires August 31, 2024
Term expires August 31, 2025
Term expires August 31, 2026
Term expires August 31, 2028
Term expires August 31, 2029
About the Board
The Board of Library Trustees provides general oversight of the Downers Grove Public Library. The Board consists of six community members appointed by the Village Council for six-year terms, without monetary compensation.
The public is invited to attend library board meetings, which are held the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the library’s Meeting Room. Minutes are posted after they are approved at the following month's board meeting.
Public Comment Rules
The meetings of the Downers Grove Public Library Board of Library Trustees are open to members of the public, pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act. The purpose of these rules is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meetings in an efficient and effective manner. These rules govern public participation during the Public Comment agenda item in meetings of the DGPL Board of Trustees.
- Minutes are a summary of the Board’s discussions and actions, therefore public comments and written materials submitted by the public may not be reflected verbatim in the minutes. Video recordings of meetings provide access to the full content of public comments.
- All public comments will only be heard during the Public Comment Agenda Item.
- All public comments should be directed to the Board of Library Trustees.
- The Board requests that members of the public limit their comments to three minutes. A maximum of five minutes per speaker and 30 minutes total for Public Comment are allowed. The Board President shall have the discretion to modify these time limits.
- The Board requests that individuals limit repetitive comments and any group appoints one speaker to present the views of the entire group.
- Visitors to meetings must adhere to all behavior guidelines in the Library’s Code of Conduct. If a visitor engages in prohibited conduct, the Board President may prohibit further comment at the specific meeting or may ask the visitor to leave the meeting.
- The Board President shall have the authority to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise defined here.