Local Author Collection
The collection offers local authors an opportunity for their books to reach a wide readership as well as a designated location to display their works. The collection supports self-published authors whose works may not have been reviewed or may otherwise not meet the selection criteria of our permanent collection. These books may be checked out by the local community or accessed by any public library.
This collection will feature materials for all ages (children, teens, adults) written by local authors. Adult and teen books will be featured on the Local Author shelves on the second floor, while children’s books will be featured in the Kids Room.
For a book to be considered for this collection:
- The author should be from the metro Chicago area, or the book’s setting or storyline must be in the metro Chicago area, or the content should be perceived to be of interest to the Downers Grove community.
- The author agrees to donate a physical copy of the book to the library.
- The author agrees that DGPL makes the final determination.
- may be self-published
- must be bound
- should be in new or like-new condition
- become the property of DGPL
- will be added as time permits
- may be withdrawn according to the Collection Management Weeding Policy
To submit your work:
Downers Grove Public Library
1050 Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Questions? Email ATS@dglibrary.org.