The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Do you enjoy working with the community? Do you love working with numbers and enjoy a good spreadsheet? If so, then this is the job for you!
Our busy, customer-focused library is seeking a friendly, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant who is passionate about customer service. This position provides support for the Administration Department, library staff, and the public through the following:
- Data entry of accounts payable, payroll, and other financial information
- Overseeing public booking of meeting rooms
- Providing human resources support
- Communicating directly with vendors and Village of Downers Grove staff on financial matters
- Maintaining library records including records retention
This full-time position requires two years of college coursework, two years of administrative experience, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Salary from $17.50 per hour, depending on qualifications. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance and enrollment in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
Interested candidates should submit a job application, cover letter, and resume to Katelyn Vabalaitis, Executive Assistant at email@example.com or Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St., Downers Grove, IL 60515. Open until filled. Applications can be downloaded here.
Volunteering in the Kids Room
Adult Volunteers (18+)
School Year Volunteering
Summer Reading Volunteers
The library accepts volunteer applications, which are kept on file for six months. There are a limited number of volunteer positions available and when an opening occurs, the applications in the file are checked for appropriate candidates to be interviewed for the position.
Submit an application:
- Download the PDF by right-clicking the link and selecting save as. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit it to the Administration Office.