The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating and supporting an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist workforce and sustaining an environment that is welcoming to all.
Part-Time Building Operations Monitor (2 Positions Available)
The Downers Grove Public Library (DGPL) is seeking a friendly, customer service-oriented individual to serve as Building Operations Monitor. This position maintains a safe, secure, and welcoming environment for all, while prioritizing the library’s values and objectives in the implementation of safety procedures to ensure the library is a place for everyone to discover, grow, play, and learn. The Building Operations Monitor should be accustomed to working with customers and staff from diverse backgrounds and committed to supporting DGPL with its equity, diversity, and inclusion work.
The successful candidate will:
- ensure the safety of the building, patrons, and staff by making frequent visits throughout the entire facility and grounds
- proactively address behavior that violates the library’s Code of Conduct in a manner that is consistent with the library’s values and practices
- think critically, remain calm and respectful, and adapt quickly during unexpected or difficult situations
- deescalate stressful situations through the use of trauma informed crisis intervention practices, empathy-driven customer service, and an equity lens
- engage with library patrons to enhance their library experience
- be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, lift 50lbs, and work outdoors
Two years’ experience working with the public in safety monitoring required. The starting hourly rate is $13.83-$15.56, depending on qualifications. Sunday shifts are paid at time and a half. Benefits include vacation leave, personal leave, sick time, and enrollment in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension program.
Position A: (average 26 hours per week) Mondays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Tuesdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., rotating Saturdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and rotating Sundays 1 - 5 p.m.
Position B: (average 20 hours per week) Wednesdays 1 - 9:15 p.m.; Fridays 1 - 9:15 p.m., rotating Saturdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and rotating Sundays 1 - 5 p.m.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Ian Knorr, Building Operations Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are open until the positions are filled.
Directory Submission: Local Tutor
Are you a local tutor that can help students? Click here to submit information to be included in the library's database of local tutors. The information collected will be shared with the Downers Grove community of students. By adding your information to this list, the Downers Grove Public Library does not endorse or sponsor any specific tutor or business. Our directory is a tool for students and caregivers to use at their own discretion. All communication, fee negotiation, scheduling, background verification, etc. must occur between tutor and client. Tutors will be listed in alphabetical order by last name. Tutors must be 18+.
Research and Data Entry Volunteer
To apply, fill out the volunteer application and send it to email@example.com.
Call 630-960-1200 with questions.