The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating and supporting an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist workforce and sustaining an environment that is welcoming to all.
- Provide excellent reference and readers’ advisory services to adults and teens in a busy environment
- Oversee book club bags, provide readers’ advisory to community book club members to choose discussion titles, and coordinate the procurement of needed book club materials in a timely and organized manner
- Assist with out-of-system interlibrary loan requests
- Assist the public in using technology, including downloading ebooks to digital devices
- Manage creation and updates to booklists, resource guides, and displays
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Support equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in the workplace
- High school diploma and some college coursework
- One year of relevant customer service experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Experience with ILS software preferred
This is a year-round, full-time position averaging 37.5 hours per week. The Assistant will be scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9 - 5 p.m., Fridays alternating between 9-5 p.m. and 1-9:15 p.m., and weekend rotations. Hourly pay is from $17.84-$20.07, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include vacation leave, personal leave, sick leave, a generous insurance package, and enrollment in the IMRF pension system.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Amanda Klenk, Adult & Teen Services Assistant Manager, at email@example.com by 5 p.m. Monday, December 4, 2023
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented in their work
- Skilled in coordinating with team members throughout the library
- Proactive in problem-solving
- Knowledgeable about the organization of library collections
- Experienced in using computers and software
- Able to work independently on a diverse selection of tasks
- Conscientious about time management
Experience working in libraries and with SirsiDynix Symphony Workflows is preferred. Job responsibilities include: receiving and processing new books, magazines, and AV material; maintaining item records in our database; repairing existing materials as needed; ordering supplies; tracking statistics; and processing materials to be withdrawn from the collection.
Directory Submission: Local Tutor
Are you a local tutor that can help students? Click here to submit information to be included in the library's database of local tutors. The information collected will be shared with the Downers Grove community of students. By adding your information to this list, the Downers Grove Public Library does not endorse or sponsor any specific tutor or business. Our directory is a tool for students and caregivers to use at their own discretion. All communication, fee negotiation, scheduling, background verification, etc. must occur between tutor and client. Tutors will be listed in alphabetical order by last name. Tutors must be 18+.
Call 630-960-1200 with questions.