DGPL has resources to help with your next professional chapter.
- Resume Creation: get help with creating a resume from scratch
- Resume Tools and Scanners recommended by People's Resource Center (PRC)
- Tag Crowd: create a word cloud to visualize keyword frequency
- Resume Worded; Resume Worded resume scanner
- Skill Syncer
- Brainfuse: resume help, career resources
- Linked-In Learning: software training
- Universal Class: professional development with certificates
- ELS and Language Learning
More online learning resources
Am I Job Ready? A Quiz by PRC
JOB LISTS & DIRECTORIES
- Downtown Downers Grove Management Corporation: local downtown DG job opportunities
- Hope's Front Door Job List: local openings updated weekly. Find the packet on the 2nd Floor Jobs Board in the library.
- College of DuPage Resources
- Get Hired Illinois: database of Illinois jobs
- Illinois Career Information System: local, state, and national labor market information; career development tools; partner of the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Employment and Training Administration
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: descriptions, working conditions, training and education needed, earnings, and expected prospects for different occupations
- People's Resource Center: workshops, job coaching, and connect to employers looking to hire
- Reference USA: job and internship listings, career tips and resources
- Giving DuPage: Volunteer and professional development opportunities
- Career One Stop: part of the IL Department of Labor
- Get My Future: aimed specifically for job seekers 16-24 years old
- My Skills My Future: for those who are laid off
- Visit the library's Jobs Board in the lobby for local listings
- The Downers Grove Public Library does not endorse or verify any position listed. Patrons are responsible for all communication and interaction with potential employers. Any business that is within the 60515 or 60516 zip code may post job listings on the Jobs Board.
BUSINESS AND CAREER EVENTS
Questions? Visit the 2nd floor Ask Us desk, call 630-960-1200 ext. 4274, or email AskUs@dglibrary.org.