Events for Teens
100 Books before graduation
The Downers Grove Public Library challenges you to participate in the 100 Books Before Graduation program!
This is an initiative for middle school and high school students that promotes reading for fun. Reading can increase vocabulary, test scores, and more. Plus it’s a great way to encourage a love of reading!
Supporting You Through Remote Learning
The library is here to help with the 2020-2021 school year:
- Homework help databases
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Free live help from tutors 7 days a week
- Gale Research: articles, videos, and more
- Reference Centers for Science, History, Biology, and Literature
- Returns: Until schools reopen, return all DGN/DGS library materials to DGPL. We’ll get them back to your school librarians!
- We have a Teen Services librarian just for you! Email email@example.com with questions about finding resources, programming, or the library.
Looking for a tutor? The ATS Department has a directory of local tutors who specialize in many grades and subject areas. Stop by ATS or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Disclaimer: The Downers Grove Public Library does not endorse or sponsor any tutor or business on this list. This list is for information purposes only and should be used at the patron's discretion. All communication, fee negotiation, scheduling, etc. must occur between tutor and patrons.
How to get a card:
Check out the various databases to help you succeed! Resources range from free live tutoring 7 days a week to reference centers on literature, history, and science.
DGPL carries a selection of District 99 textbooks that can be used in the library, including:
- German 1 - Portfolio Deutsch (Level 1)
- German 2 - Deutsch Aktuell 2
- German 3 - Deutsch Aktuell 3
- French 1 - Bien Dit
- French 2 - Bien Dit French 2
- French 3 - Bien Dit French 3
- Spanish 1 - Asi se Dice
- Spanish 2 - Asi se Dice (2 dos)
- Spanish 3 - Asi se Dice (3 tres)
- Spanish 3 - Avancemos (3 tres)
- General Math - Mathematics Connections
- Statistics 300 - Statistics & Data Analysis
- Geometry 300 - Geometry: Concepts and Skills
- Geometry 300 - Geometry: Integration, Applications Geometry
- Physical Science 200 - Astronomy
- Physics 300 - Physics: Principles and Problems
- Physical Science 300 - Conceptual Physical Science
- Physical Science 200 - Motion, Forces, and Energy
- Physical Science 200 - Sound and Light
- Physical Science 200 - Chemical Building Blocks
- Physical Science 200 - Chemical Interactions
- Chemistry 300 - Chemistry in the Community
- Earth Science 300 - Earth Science
- Physical Science 300 - Weather and Climate
- Biology 200 - Environmental Science
- Biology 200 - From Bacteria to Plants
- Biology 200 - Animals
- Biology 200 - Cells and Heredity
- Biology 200 - Human Biology and Health
- Biology 300 - Biology
- Health 300 - Health
- World Studies/Global Connections 300 - World History: Patterns of Interaction
- World Studies/Global Connections 200/300 - It’s All Connected
- US History 300 - The Americans
Discover New Books
Contact our Teen Services librarian with questions by emailing email@example.com or calling 630-960-1200 ext. 4257.