life in the
The library is accepting submissions!
Life in the 2020s
The Downers Grove Public Library recognizes that we are living through historic times and seeks to share and preserve your experiences of Life in the 2020s. The library invites members of the DG community to contribute original photos, videos, journal passages, letters, drawings, songs, etc. to create a “picture” of Life in the 2020s.
Entries may be related to COVID-19 and may focus on things such as school, work, family time, celebrations (birthdays, graduations, weddings), shopping, or anything else related to the pandemic that you would like to share.
Entries may also be related to other important community events in the 2020s.
The Submission Process
Please fill out the form, then submit through one of the options below. Fill out a separate form for each work.
Digital Submissions (Preferred)
- Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a link to your submission in the form if it is online (such as Google Photos, Shutterfly, Google Docs, OneDrive, etc.)
- Send submission materials to:
Van McGary, Adult and Teen Services Manager
Downers Grove Public Library
1050 Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Drop items off at the Ask Us Desk on the second floor of the library.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Fine Print
- All submissions are subject to staff review before they will be considered for inclusion in future displays or exhibits. The final decision as to suitability of materials for display will be made by the library. The library does not regulate the content of a submittal but has the right to refuse any submittal that it deems inappropriate in light of the library’s mission. The library does not accept responsibility for ensuring that all points of view are represented in any display. The display of materials does not imply the library’s endorsement of an exhibit’s content; nor will the library accept responsibility for the accuracy of statements made in such materials or the exhibit. The library shall have the final decision on the arrangement of all exhibits and displays and reserves the right to reject any or all parts of a submittal or change the manner of the display. All submittals are chosen without regard to race, gender, disability, culture or sexual orientation.
- Submissions will not be available to the public immediately, and not all submissions will be added to future collections.
- Submissions may not include personally identifiable information concerning another person or persons, or information that could allow a third party to identify other people.
- Submissions will not be returned. The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection, loss, damage, theft or destruction of items submitted.
- See all terms and conditions.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 630-960-1200 ext. 4274.