Visit the Checkout Desk with one form of proof of residency.
- Drivers license or State ID
- Current utility bill
- Piece of first-class mail
- Mortgage or lease
Sign up for a digital card to access all of the library's online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, online databases, homework help, and more. Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to register. Digital cards are valid for 3-months.
Who can get a Downers Grove library card?
- Residents of incorporated Downers Grove (parents must obtain a card for children under 18).
- Businesses and nonprofit organizations located in incorporated Downers Grove.
- Unincorporated residents can purchase a fee card for $291, valid for one year. A fee card is available for those who don't live within the corporate boundaries of Downers Grove and who are not eligible for service from another public library. Unsure if a residence is incorporated or unincorporated? Call 630-960-1200.
- Click My Account in the upper-right-hand corner of the library's website.
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) and PIN.
- If you have forgotten your card information, visit this link.
Reset Your PIN (password)
- Log in to your account.
- Select Change PIN from the Personal Information menu and type a new PIN. (Your PIN may be any combination of letters, numbers, or characters that you can remember easily. Library staff do not keep track of your PIN, but can help reset it if needed.)
- Click Update.
Unable to log in? Call the Circulation Department at 630-960-1200.