Visit the Checkout Desk with one form of proof of residency.
- Drivers license or State ID
- Current utility bill
- Piece of first-class mail
- Mortgage or lease
Who can get a Downers Grove library card?
- Residents of incorporated Downers Grove (parents must obtain a card for children under 18).
- Businesses and nonprofit organizations located in incorporated Downers Grove.
- Unincorporated residents can purchase a fee card for $292, valid for one year. A fee card is available for those who don't live within the corporate boundaries of Downers Grove and who are not eligible for service from another public library. Unsure if a residence is incorporated or unincorporated? Call (630) 960-1200.
- Click My Account in the upper-right-hand corner of www.dglibrary.org.
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) and PIN.
Reset Your PIN (password)
- Log in to your account.
- Select Change PIN from the Personal Information menu and type a new PIN. (Your PIN may be any combination of letters, numbers, or characters that you can remember easily. Library staff do not keep track of your PIN, but can help reset it if needed.)
- Click Update.
Borrowing & Fines
Items may be renewed online, over the phone at (630) 960-1200, or in person at the Checkout Desk. Most items may be renewed twice and will auto-renew upon their due date if they are not returned.
3 week checkouts:
- All books and audiobooks, except new items and Hot Reads
- All magazines, except for new issues
2 week checkouts:
- All new books and audiobooks (located in the lobby)
- All CDs
- All DVD and BluRays
- Hot Reads
- Video games
For unlisted items, please ask staff.
- $0.15 per item, per day
- $5.00 per technology item, per day
Fines may be paid through the following options:
- Checkout Desk: cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
- The self-check machines: credit card
- Over the phone (630) 960-1200: credit card
- Online: credit card