Curbside Pickup service will end on July 5, 2021. Holds Lockers will be installed in the near future for 24/7 access to holds. Patrons that are unable to come into the building may call 630-960-1200 for an accommodation.
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Curbside Pickup service will end on July 5, 2021. Patrons may call 630-960-1200 for an accommodation.
*Curbside Pickup will not be offered on holidays.
how does it work?
- Request your materials (see below).
- You'll receive an email stating your materials are on hold and can be picked up. Patrons who do not have an email listed will receive a phone call. Please email email@example.com if you need to update your contact information.
- Drive to the library's Curtiss Street entrance and pull into the designated Curbside Pickup spot. Staff are only allowed to serve cars in the designated spot.
- Tell a staff member your name. Masks are encouraged.
- Items will be checked out to your account while you wait in your car. Please be patient.
- Pop your trunk or leave it unlocked as you see the staff member approaching your car.
- Staff will place your materials in the trunk and notify you that the transaction is complete.
- Come to the library's designated Walk Up spot by the Curtiss St. entrance and wait for a staff member.
- Give your name and last four digits of your library card. Masks are encouraged.
- A staff member will bring your materials to you.
**If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please use the contactless car pickup option to receive your materials. If you are unable to do a Curbside Pickup by car, a friend or family member may pick up your materials. Contact (630) 960-1200 ext. 4274 or email AskUs@dglibrary.org if you have questions.
Two ways to choose materials:
Choose Your Own: perfect for if you know exactly what you want
- Log in to your account and place items on hold. Look for items that are listed as "On Shelf" at the Downers Grove Public Library.
- OR call (630) 960-1200 to have a staff member put items on hold for you. If someone is unable to take your call, leave a message with your request and email address. A staff member will respond to your request.
Request a Recommendation: staff will find items for you based on your interests
- Call the AskUs desk for adult and teen recommendations: (630) 960-1200 ext. 4274
- Call the Kids Room desk for kid recommendations: (630) 960-1200 ext. 4279
- Fill out a recommendation form.
Printing documents: print from home, pick up through Curbside Pickup
- Print orders will take up to 48 hours to be completed. No rush jobs are available.
- A staff member will contact you via email to notify that the pickup is available.
- Print orders are limited to 10 pages per patron per day.
- Patrons have 3 days (including weekends) to pickup print orders.
Curbside Pickup details
- Patrons are limited to 30 materials per Curbside Pickup order.
- Discovery Bags and Maker Monday bags are unavailable through Curbside Pickup with the library is open. Patrons must come into the library to receive a bag.
- Items will be checked out to patrons once they arrive at the library. It may take a moment to process the materials and bring them out.
- Only one library card's order may be processed per car.
- Curbside Pickup holds will be held for seven days, including weekends.
- Patrons may request both DGPL and Inter-Library Loan (ILL) materials.
- The library will ONLY service patrons in the designated 15-minute Curbside Pickup parking spot. If the spot is full, please circle the block or use the parking lot until it is available.
- Staff will not accept returns from patrons or cars during a Curbside Pickup transaction.
- The library is currently not accepting donations.
Frequently asked questions
Have questions or need assistance with placing a hold? Call (630) 960-1200, email AskUs@dglibrary.org, or use the chat service at the bottom of any page of this website.