Are you looking for information on the library's response to COVID-19? Click here.
How to Protect Yourself and Others
Whether or not you have received the COVID-19 vaccine and/or have been infected with COVID-19 and recovered, please remember to protect yourself, your family, and your community by practicing the following precautions:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine if you have not already.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
Starting Monday, April 12th, all Illinois residents, including all DuPage County residents, aged 16 and older are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. Due to limited vaccine supplies, appointments may not be immediately available.
Further eligibility restrictions at vaccine locations may vary depending on county eligibility requirements.
DuPage County registration for vaccine notifications: Complete this online form to be contacted with specific information when appointments or clinics are available.
For assistance making appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, contact:
- The DuPage County Health Department COVID-19 Call Center by calling (630) 221-7030
- The Illinois Department of Public Health Vaccine Appointment Call Center by calling (833) 621-1284
English and Spanish speaking agents are available 7 days a week from 6 am to midnight. Translation into other languages is also available.
For general questions about COVID-19 and local response and guidance, contact:
- The DuPage County Health Department by calling (630) 682-7400
- The Illinois Department of Public Health by calling (800) 889-3931 or emailing DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
Please note that for all of the locations below, all vaccinations are by appointment only. There is currently limited availability at select locations. Additional requirements for appointments may apply.
Illinois vaccine locations: Find vaccination locations on the map by entering your zip code or city.
Protect yourself against COVID-19 vaccine scams by following these safety tips from the Office of Inspector General for the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Full Vaccination and Travel FAQs
The answers below and more information can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
covid-19 information & Testing
- Career Help page: Career help, including resume help, skill development, job lists and directories, as well as business and career programs.
- Downers Grove Services page: Additional community resources including local food pantries and other local organizations.
- DGPL Social Services page: Information on the library's Social Work Interns and social service partners.