ANNOUNCEMENTS & NEWS
The library is open for Curbside Pickup only. Hours will remain the same for Curbside Pickup.
Current Curbside Pickup Hours :
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Available Services (as of Monday, November 16)
- Library card online registration
- Reference and readers advisory via online chat and telephone
- Wireless printing and Curbside Pickup printing
- Inter-library loan
- Pick Up Anywhere holds via Curbside Pickup
- Hold pickup via Curbside Pickup
- Curbside Pickup
- Virtual Programming
- Request a curbside Curated Bundle
(as of Monday, November 16)
- Furniture and seating
- Children's play areas
- Meeting and study room reservations
- In-person programming
- In-person Book-an-Expert assistance and one-on-one assistance with eReaders and tablets. Socially distanced help may be available depending on demand.
- Water fountains and water bottle refill stations
- The Cupboard and the Café
- Video gaming
- Notary services
- Media Lab, Training Room, and Quiet Study Room use
- Browsing for books, movies, audiobooks/playaways, CDs, magazines, puzzles, and kids room resource kits
- Computer use
- Copiers and scanners
- In-library hold pickup
Updates and more information
November 13, 2020
Message from Director, Julie Milavec:
The health and safety of our patrons and staff is DGPL's top priority. We have been following the recommendations provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD). As the spread of COVID-19 surges, IDPH is recommending that everyone in Illinois should avoid all non-essential activities over the next three weeks and that residents remain at home "as much as possible" heading into the Thanksgiving holiday.
To help slow the spread of the virus, the library will be closed to the public starting Monday, November 16, 2020 until further notice. This roll back to Phase 2, Curbside Pickup, of the library's reopening plan was not an easy decision to make and will, with everyone's diligence in following IDPH's recommendations, be a brief change.
Curbside Pickup service will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.. DGPL will continue to offer services digitally and by phone. Staff will be available by chat, email, and telephone to answer questions or help you choose items to place on hold for curbside pickup. Virtual programming continues. Discovery Bags and Make and Take crafts will be available for curbside pickup. Book returns are open.
If you need services that are not available virtually or through Curbside, contact us for additional accommodations by chat, email, or telephone.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to resuming in-person visits as soon as possible!