Tax Form Info 2019
Taxes Are Everyone's Business
Fri., Feb. 8, 7:00 p.m.
Tax expert Judi Strauss reviews this year's tax law changes.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 passed at the very end of last year is the biggest change to our tax code since 1986. There are changes to the standard deduction, to itemized deductions, to exemptions and even to credits - and these will impact what records we keep, how we plan for the year-end 2018 and what we can do to save tax dollars in 2019 as well.
In this workshop, Judi will discuss the many changes for your 2018 taxes as well as some important things that tend to trip us up during tax time. In addition, she will focus on strategies designed for this new tax law. And, finally, she will leave time for your questions. Register here.
Tax Form Info 2019
The IRS created a shorter Form 1040 for the 2019 tax season. The new form will replace the current 1040 as well as the 1040A and the 1040EZ. This form can be supplemented with additional schedules if needed. Taxpayers with straightforward tax situations would only need to file this new 1040 with no additional schedules.
The library will have these forms available as the Package 1040, which will include one copy of the new 1040 along with one copy of the schedules. The instructions will also be available.
Package 1040 Contents
- Form 1040 – U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Schedule 1 – Additional Income & Adjustments to Income
- Schedule 2 — Tax (Additional Taxes)
- Schedule 3 — Non-Refundable Credits
- Schedule 4 — Other Taxes
- Schedule 5 — Other Payments and Refundable Credits
- Schedule 6 — Foreign Address and Third-Party Designee
Federal Tax Forms
IRS West Suburban Office
2001 Butterfield Road
Esplanade Building, 12th floor
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm Mon – Fri
Assistance available beginning at 8:30 am.
Take Finley Rd. north to Butterfield Rd. Go west on Butterfield to Wood Creek Dr. and turn left. The Esplanade Building is on the left. The parking garage is on the southeast side of the building.
Call (800) 829-3676 to place an order.
Online at http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/
Illinois Tax Forms
- The library will receive 1040 forms and 1040 Instructions
- Call (800) 356-6302 to order 24 hours a day.
- Online at http://www.tax.illinois.gov. On the left you will see a Quick Links for Forms.
For Help With Your Taxes
- Visit www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers to find local assistance with tax preparation.
- Call (800) 829-1040.
Illinois State Taxes
- Go to www.tax.illinois.gov for frequently ask questions. Additional questions can be answered through email.
- Call (800) 732-8866 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- The Illinois Circuit Breaker program has closed.
Downers Grove Park District. Please call (630)963-1300 to make a Tuesday or Thursday appointment. Must be 60 years of age or older.
Free Tax Preparation Assistance
Tax preparation assistance is available at no charge to eligible individuals and families. These eligibility requirements include age and/or income. Please check with the assistance provider.
- Ladder Up Tax Assistance Preparation at DeVry University Addison – 1221 N. Swift Road, Addison, IL 60101. Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm, February 2nd – March 9th. Please call (312)409-1555 or visit http://www.goladderup.org/our-services/tax-assistance/eligibilty/ for information on who is eligible and what documentation is required.
- College of DuPage is offering free assistance with electronic preparation of state and federal tax returns on Saturday mornings and select Tuesday nights, Feb. 9 through April 13. Sessions are from 9 to 11:30 a.m in the Seaton Computing Center on the Main Campus at 425 Fawell Blvd, Glen Ellyn, and five other satellite locations. Participants must bring 2018 tax information, 2017’s return, and account numbers if you would like direct deposit. Please visit https://taxprep.simpletix.com/Event/35678/Time/84083/ to make an appointment or call (630) 942-3400 for more information.