Now that the Strategic Plan pieces are in place, staff have begun working toward and executing action items. Look for an update on specific accomplishments in the March newsletter.
Throughout January, all staff will re-examine our “core services” to ensure that the library is using best practices in these key areas. Core services are to:
• Develop and maintain an up-to-date collection
• Provide instruction, guidance, and access to digital and physical sources
• Present a variety of programs for all ages
• Deliver stellar customer service
• Offer spaces for meeting, studying, creativity, and fun
While we perform these services on a daily basis, the Strategic Plan’s initiatives provide a new perspective in examining how we deliver them. We’re working to enhance our basic services to make them extraordinary.
Haven’t looked at the plan’s action items yet? You can see it here.